Feedback Here

fbook  tweeter  linkin YouTube
Global contents also translated in Chinese

Japan’s apparel imports improve post lockdown

  

As per Apparel Resources, Japan’s apparel imports seem to be improving on M-o-M basis post-lockdown as consumers have started stepping out for shopping now. Recently released data stated that Japan has noted a growth of 11.13 per cent in August ’20 over July ’20 and valued 237.24 billion yen (US $ 2.25 billion).

While, as compared to August ’19, the import was still down by 22.39 per cent and that means Japan has only recovered by 77.61 per cent in its import values in August ’20.

As far as quantities are concerned, apparel import was down by 15.15 per cent in August ’20 as against August ’19, while it remained negative by 0.23 per cent as compared to July ’20 data which indicates Japan has spent more amount to import less garments.

In August ’20, unit prices were 488 yen per kg (US $ 4.64) of imported garments and that’s way more than the unit prices of garments imported in YTD period (January-August ’20) – 429 yen per kg (US $ 4.09).

Of total import quantities, the contribution of knitted products was 74.62 per cent, while remaining 25.38 per cent was contributed by woven garments, particularly in August ’20. However, when it comes to values, woven garments’ contributions remain higher at 50.10 per cent than the share of knitted garments which stands at 49.90 per cent.

This clearly implicates that exporters who are shipping woven garments to Japan are getting good prices, while the Japanese market demands basic products when it comes to knitted garments.

 
LATEST TOP NEWS
 
 
MOST POPULAR NEWS